Sunday, October 18, 2009

Elder Calvin B. Smith letter written 10/13/09


Dear Family,

Please send me a copy of the conference talks I mentioned in last weeks mail/email, if you haven't sent them already. I am really excited to read those! I am learning a lot about deep gospel doctrine. It's interesting This last week Elder Snow of the 70's came to and directed our zone conference. It was really cool. He said he had prepared himself spiritually, but he had no notes, other than some statistics on our mission from a survey we took. He was a great speaker. He spoke about mission rules, why we have so many. He said that he knew that we were the most obedient group of missionaries he had ever seen before him. He said he could see it in our countances, on our faces. He said that obedience to the rules had strengthened our faith in the Lord and that we need to do the same - well, encourage the same from our investigators. Actions - following commandments from God bring forth faith.

I just got my flu shot, all $24 of it. I went to Walgreens and got it.

I just counted how many letters I have written (I keep empty stamp books and keep track who I write and when) and I have mailed 71 letters! I don't write too much I think. My rule, I picked up from another missionary is write back everyone who writes you and also write 1 letter to someone random you know. I am glad I got my flu shot over and done with. I don't want to get sick. As far as asthma and other sicknesses, colds, headache, etc, - I am the healthiest I have been in quite a long time. I know it's the Lord and daily exercise (bike plus 30 minutes) that bless me. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Clavin B. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment