Dear Family,
Wow, that sounds like exactly what I had, hahaha. Thinking back, I just wrote ya'll a letter today -before I wrote this- and I in my letter I down played my sickness to just a sore throat, but after you described what you had, I realized that maybe I sent you the bug via mail last week in my letter! I wonder if that is possible. If it is- SORRY! Opps! A little less than a week ago I had the exact same symptoms. I think I caught it Saturday, it developed into pretty good sore throat and cold by Monday, and Tuesday I woke up feeling like I was going to die. My throat felt horrible - I could barely whisper, my head felt like it was going to burst, my ears had a ton of pressure in them (because of the cold I think, I just couldn't "pop" or equalize them) and every joint ached. I took two Excedrins after I ate breakfast (the recommended dose- Excedrin migraine, because that was all I had) and I felt like a whole new person... for about 12 hours, the symptoms returned for a while, but I started getting better after that. I just kept active, worked hard, gargled salt water for my throat when I could, prayed a lot and I think that is what helped me recover. I am almost fully recovered now. I hope you feel better soon - gargle salt water, drink lots of water, eat a vitamin C with every meal, take the recommended dose of an Excedrin, and stay active, - it worked for me :-). The Excedrin should take away the pain and give you the energy to stay active.(at least that is what it did for me) Count your blessings! Be glad that your car isn't in the shop and that your AC is working. Our AC didn't work for two days, now its fixed(it just needed some more freon). I wrote about our car in my letter home - I was not involved at all and I am fine. I am so thankful for your support and I love you guys a lot! I count my blessings- I am so happy to be on a mission, probably never again will I get to share my testimony so openly with so many people! Thank you for helping to make my mission a wonderful experience.
Love,
Elder Calvin Smith
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment