I am sorry to hear about the accident, at least no one was hurt right? Well, I had bit of another accident this week, but I was completely unharmed and everything is fine. So Elder Whatcott and I biked about a half hour to this community and started knocking doors. After knocking about 5 doors we came across a small stream as we were cutting through some one's yard. I looked down the yard towards where the road crosses the stream - it was maybe 200 feet away- and I could have taken a little more time to cross there, but I decided to scope out my options. It looked like the stream was about a foot across. I sized it up, determined that I could jump it and went for it. I cleared the stream and landed on what I thought was solid ground. I quickly sunk down through the grass until I was up to my waist in black, thick, sulfur smelling mud. My companion and I had a good laugh as I crawled out of the mud (ya can't just step out when its waist deep). We had a long smelly bike ride back to the apartment (I will have to send you pictures next week).
I was covered in mud, it was in my shoes, on my pants and shirt, and some even splattered on my face. I was a mess! I think I learned my lesson, no more jumping ditches. Thankfully all my clothes and shoes are fine, I was able to wash everything out ok. Well thats my story for the week. I replied to your email bellow.
Love,
Elder Calvin Smith

No comments:
Post a Comment