Dear Family,
We had a great week this week. The part member family, the Owen family, came to church again and Sister Owen is excited to be baptized. We also have a women who is investigating the church who is looking at getting baptized as well but she isn't so sure yet. Her grandma that she is living with does not want her to join the church. We met another part member family that is not on the rosters, the Washington family. Mrs Washington is a nonmember sick with cancer, she really really wanted to go to church so her husband, a member, allowed her to. They have been through a lot and Mrs Washington wants to get baptized soon. At church we were in PEC when the Elders Quorum president told us that a member's son who is going into the Navy wants to get baptized. He has already been to church twice and we didn't know that he was a nonmember before. Its amazing what is happening here.
I am learning a lot about how to do member work. We have been seeing a lot of part member families and recent converts. It is has been really sad to see that most part members are less active members as well. We are hoping that by working with part members we can reactivate the member and bring in the nonmember.
Transfers: So this transfer I lost all of our district: Elder Jones, Elder Read, and Elder Haslem. They are some really cool guys. Transfers was Wednesday and we were all sitting in the chapel getting our new companions when I noticed at the end of the meeting that there was no one left to get a new companion and be sent to Sumter. I thought that it was just going to be me and my new companion. Then it was announced that my Trainer, Elder Erickson and his new companion that he was training were coming to Sumter. I was so excited! Elder Erickson is a great missionary and I am excited to continue to learn from him.
I hope you all enjoy your trip to Mammoth!
Love,
Elder Calvin Smith
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment