Dear Family,
We had a really good week this week, we found a lot of investigators, the trick this week will be to keep track of them all. We have 20 investigators we are going to be trying to juggle, its going to be a fun week.
Stories:
A few days ago we were knocking in a neighborhood when we knocked into one of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Now I don't know what you know about Jehovah's Witnesses, but among other things, they, like us, think they are the only true church on the earth. Jehovah's Witnesses are usually pretty intense people to try to work with, they know their false doctrine very well. So, we knock on this guys door and we had a brief conversation that went something like this .....intro.."We are rep..." "We would love to teach you about the Book of Mormon, another testament....written by prophets on...." He replied, "No thank you." We said, "Well, I know that the Book of Mormon is true and what we teach will bring you closer to God, will you allow us to teach you?" He replied, "Once you become a Jehovah's Witness, you can not grow closer to God."
I just sat there thinking.... "Wow, that is so true."
Now think about that statement and the two different meanings you can get out of it. HAHAHA One meaning is that he was saying that you are on the right hand of God when you become a JW. The other is that when you become a JW, you are damning yourself... I dont' know if you all get it, I thought it was funny. Let me know what you got it.
The second and last story that I wrote down to tell you all is this:
So Sunday, of all days, we were walking around a neighborhood doing our thing, you know, talking to people, and trying to baptize the hell out of them, when we came across this group of people. As we approached it became obvious that they had been drinking. We continued and we started talking to them. We during the discussion one of the women said, "I am sorry, but we don't want to talk about Jesus right now, we are drinking." We told them that we understood and we thanked them for their time, but as we were doing so one of the men declared in his drunken stupor, "I hate the white man, why would I want to talk to you? I hate white people." We walked away and joked about it later. Its pretty crazy to think that racism still exists among a few people of all ethnic backgrounds.
Well, I love you all!
Love,
Elder Smith
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment