Dear Family,
Another interesting week. This week we had a lot of rain and thunderstorms, it was pretty exciting stuff. Out here it really poured down! This week we made three day emergency kits so that we will be prepared for an emergency. I wonder if the fact that hurricane season is two weeks away has to do anything with it. Don't worry, from what I have heard from other missionaries, we get evacuated to Columbia, South Carolina if anything even looks like it is going to get near us.
As I have talked to people I have heard a lot of different names people have for the Book of Mormon, just for fun I thought I would list a few here:
The Book of Mormon, The Book of the Mormon, The Book of the Mormons, The Books of Mormon, The Mormon Bible, The Mormon's Book, Da Book o'da Normons (most popular), The Book of Normans, John Smith's Book, and "that Bible."
Most interesting question we were asked this week was "Why do so many people hate you all so much?"
While tracking we have seen a lot of pretty lame people try to avoid us, they use different tactics. Some just get really silent in their homes and don't answer, some sit in their car in their driveway until we pass, some just run away, and some pretend they are busy talking on the phone. This last one happened to us this week. We tried to contact a woman while she was on the phone. While the woman was pretending to have some one on the phone it RANG right in her ear. hahaha I couldn't help but smile. :-)
Well, thats about it for this week.
I know that Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God, the Savior of mankind. As our sign says, that is posted out side of our duplex, "Jesus Saves", but there are things that we need to do in order to accept that salvation. The devil has diluted and distorted the doctrine of Jesus Christ to create an idea that is as appealing as it is damming. He has convinced many that Jesus will save us in our sins, that it is just belief in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us that saves us, not anything that we do. I know that by faith in Jesus Christ, keeping the commandments of God and by participating in the necessary ordinances that we can be saved from eternal damnation.
Love,
Elder Calvin Smith
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment