Dear Family,
Today is not my preparation day, it is changed to Thanksgiving day, so I will not be writing any letters today. This week was interesting. Two investigators just dissappeared on us, and two other of our investigators moved away really suddenly. They are still in our area, but because they didn't come to church because they were moving, we have to move their baptismal date back. They were living with two members and they were progressing really fast, but a sudden change in circumstances allowed them to move out faster than they anticipated. We are really bummed. We hope to continue working with them, but it will be a lot harder with them living so far away.
This week has been the week of bike misshaps!
-This week my front fender just fell off my bike as I was riding down a two lane high way and got crushed by an oncoming car right before I got to it.
-Some one thought it would be funny to zip tie our bikes together with a dozen zip ties. Luckily nothing was damaged and they came off pretty easy with my companion's pocket knife.
-Some one stole the head light off my bike one night while we were tracking in a neighborhood.
This week we also talked to two people who needed professional counciling. One guy asked us to hide a foot long butcher knife from him so he wouldn't kill himself with it (we are not seeing him again), we told him to just get rid of the knife if it caused a problem for him and left soon their after. We refered him to the bishop. Another lady we talked to asked us in a lesson what made us believe in God. We shared personal experiences and then she told us that we were too young to be telling people about God and that we should go back and tell our bishop that he needs to send people out with more experience. We tried to explain the doctrine and use the scriptures but she wouldn't listen. When we used the scriptures she said that she wanted people who she could relate to with the problems she had in her life. We told her that Jesus Christ was the only person who could relate to her perfectly, but she didn't like that answer. Oh well. She seemed like a really unhappy person.
We are working hard trying to bring souls to Christ. We have an awesome ward and some really cool members who are willing to help us out. Thank you so much for your support. I know that in the end all our losses will be made up and that through the atonement of Jesus Christ true healing and joy can be found. I know that I am called of God to represent Him in all that I do and say. I know that the fullness of Christ's gospel is found in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is God's church, and not a church of man. Christ directs and leads His church today, through living prophets. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, he lived a perfect life so that he could Atone for the sins of ALL mankind. It is my greatest desire to one day be able to see Him as He is, to stand in His presence, and to be like Him.
Take care!
Love,
Elder Smith
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment