Sunday, January 30, 2011

Elder Calvin B. Smith Email 01/27/2011

Dear Mom and Dad,

President McConkie told me that he told you about my spill yesturday. I got it checked out right after it happened. I was told that I fractured a bone in my hand and I was referred to a hand specialist. This morning I saw the hand specialist and he took more X rays and told me that it was a small fracture and that it needed to be immobilized for 4 weeks, then it should be fine. President McConkie gave me permission to write you guys. It is really hard to type and nearly impossible to write right now with the cast. I am not in pain, just a little sore. Love you guys! I will fill you in with the story of how it happened when I can type easier. Basically I was borrowing a bike on an exchange and a dog jumped out infront of us and I tried to stop quick and only the front brakes worked. I applied the brakes too fast and I came off the bike. The bike flipped over frontward and I summersaulted frontward and landed on my hand, then on my back. Nothing else is really hurt. The wind was just knocked out of me for a minte. I am fine, happy and well. I am just bummed that I wont be able to play the paino for a while.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment