Hey Family,
Yes, I was called to be a district leader, I don't think they are joking, and if they are its a pretty bad joke because I have to call my district members and the zone leaders every night to report how my day went and my daily numbers. I am in Heartsville South Carolina, a very small down that revolves around its two biggest employers, Sonoco and Walmart. I am told that the highschool drop out rate is 68% and that about 30% of those are incarcerated. Its a pretty interesting little town.
My new companion is Elder Geslison, this is his second transfere out so I am "follow up training" him. He is still learning a lot, its really fun to teach with him.
Story:
Elder Geslison and I were tracting one day and we knocked on this house. A guy came out and we contacted him. He said he wasn't really interested in our message and then asked me who made my coat. I told him that I thought it was Calvin Klien. He asked if it was from this years collection and which model it was. I told him I had no idea and asked if he was into clothing design. He said that he had taken some design classes but he was a hair stylist. Elder Geslison, needing a hair cut, asked him if he had a studio in town and how much he charged. The man responded that he while he did have a studio down town he also had a studio in the basement of his home and he would be happy to cut our hair for free. We accepted the offer. While he was cutting our hair we started talking and he told us that he had been in the conference center in Salt Lake City to listen to Organ concerts. He told us that he was really into organ music so I told him that I played organ a little bit. In the end he wasn't really interested in learning about our church because of his background (hope you could figure it out) but he offered to cut our hair again if we were still in the area after a while.
Sorry I am out of time. I will try to log in again and send you more.
Elder Smith
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment