Saturday, January 16, 2010

Elder Calvin B. Smith letter written 01/11/2010

1/11/2010

Dear Smith Family,

Sorry I was unable to log back on to the computer and write you more. My time ran out. Please send me a copy of Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. McConkie. I think it would be a great reference to use to find scriptures and learn about different topics. This preparation day was a little crazy being in a new area, Heartsville. My new companion and I both are new to the area so we are still figuring out where things are like the library, Walmart and things like that. Luckily my compaion has a GPS system which helps a lot. We have a car we can use with limited miles but I am SO thankful for it after 6 months of biking. We drive and bike depending on who we need to see where.

That is very exciting that Cameron is learning how to drive. I really enjoy receiving and reading your letters!

I am really enjoying getting to learn my new area. This last Sunday Elder Geslison and I were blessed with being able to have a family attend sacrement meeting with us. We hope to continue to teach them about the gospel and baptize them soon! I hope everything is going well for you all!

Love,
Elder Calvin B. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment