12/28/09
Dear Family,
I really enjoyed talking to you all on Christmas day! I am sorry I did not send an e-mail this week. The library was closed for the holidays so we were unable to gain access for a computer to email on.
This is week 4 in this apartment and everyone is realizing that not cleaning for 4 weeks really takes a toll on the place. I try to do a little cleaning every night when I get back after working so that helps. What I really don't understand is the dishes situation. I have voiced my concern many times that people need to wash their dishes after they are through, and it does not happen. I guess some people are used to a maid around the house. After two weeks of making comments about the dishes I just gave up and I started taking care of it. What is really interesting is that the people who complain the most about the clutter in the the apartment are the biggest clutter bugs and say they would clean it up at night, but they are just too tired.
Missionary work this week was difficult as I guess you could imagine. Everyone had family over or were going to be with family so there was no time for people to listen to us.
We just finished de-decorating our apartment. We had decorations that a member let us borrow - a small tree, lights, garlin, and a nativity set. I am really thankful to those members. It is amazing how a few decorations can help bring the Christmas Spirit into the home.
Thank you for the gifts. I really enjoy the music and the fudge! I did not see the insurance cards in the package. The only thing in the envelope from the insurance agent was a calandar. I checked the box and apartment multiple times and I did not see anything. Perhaps it was not sent?
Love,
Elder Calvin B. Smith
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment