
The following is a letter we received from Calvin on Thursday. Words in ( ) are explations our our comments.
Dear Family,
I hope you all liked the photos I sent you! Let me know how they turn out on your end.
Answers to questions:
Elder Geslison is from Provo Utah. (His current companion)
Being district leader is not much fun, just more stuff to do every night. (Answer to a question from one of his siblings)
Yes I bought a new camera. (Calvin's flash broke so he sent it home and bought a new one.)
Thank you for the package! I love learning from Mormon Doctrine! (We sent him Mormon Doctrine at his request) Every day I get questions from people that I answer to the best of my ability, and using the scriptures - and then at the end of the day I can go home and look up how Bruce R. McConkie would have addressed it....and check his scripture references.
Thank you for sending Darren's (His cousin in Brazil) address. I am going to write back to him today. It is interesting reading about Dylan's (his cousin in Kenya South Africa) and Kendle's (his cousin in Spokane Washington) missions. It sounds so very different from where I am serving. I feel like I was called to the right area for me. The right kind of people to teach, right kind of weather for my health, and the right kind of mission president.
The people here ask the most interesting questions, I love it. I learn so much from people's questions. I hope you all are doing well. I am praying for you all. (We asked him to keep praying for us so things around the house would stop breaking....washing machine, iron, vacuum, cars, etc.)
Love,
Elder Calvin B. Smith

No comments:
Post a Comment