Sunday, January 3, 2010

Elder Calvin B. Smith email 12/14/09

Dear Family,

This week went ok, my companion and I are working with inactives, less actives, and recent converts. We were told that few baptisms here come from actual knocking of doors, so we are trying to adjust our proseliting activities accordingly. The ward here in Summerville is very supportive, the youth here are really missionary minded. Twice this week we were stopped by youth from the ward and offered rides. This ward is truely amazing. Every opportunity they have to talk or teach or give announcements they are talking about reactivation, missionary work, less actives, and partmember families that they can work on. The ward members are very helpful and go out on exchanges with us regularly and feed us regularly. This coming Sunday I will have the opportunity to play the organ in sacrement meeting, the closing hymn "Joy to the World" with some one else on the piano. I am really excited for this opportunity to share my talent.

I hope that all is well back home.

Love,
Elder Calvin B. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment