Hello Every One!
Thank you for all the letters! The other missionaries in my district are getting very jealous. I have limited time, only about 30 minutes, so I will try to be brief. Thank you Mom and Dad for taking the time to drop me off at the Missionary Training Center. I am glad that Cameron and Candace had such a wonderful time in Hurricane Utah!
I have learned so much in the Missionary Training Center! I knew the gospel prinicples before I came here, but now I know how to better articulate my beliefs in a way that is understandable to the common person. I can't believe that one week has already passed. The first three days were very slow, then time started to seem to pass a lot faster.
Thank you for the "Care Package". Unfortunately only district leaders are allowed to access the mail for their missionaries, my district leader recieved the combination to the mail box over the fourth of July Holiday, during which the mail office was closed. As a result, I was unable to retrieve the package until Monday. Please do not send perishable items (food) to me in the Missionary Training Center. I am feed very well here. Do not worry Dad, I am watching what I eat. Last time I checked my wieght at the gymn here I wieghed in at 123.4 pounds.
Dad: Thank you for sending the Dear Elder messages. I recieved three over the course of two days! From what I understand, you send the letter via email, it is printed out at the Missionary Training Center and is placed in my district mail box. In addition: I know that you told me not to wear short sleeves with a suit. I only had three long sleeve shirts but I had to wear a suit on six different days. I thought about what you said, "...wear the short sleeve but don't tell anyone you're my son." I decided to wear the long sleeve shirts so I could proudly continue to say that you are my father. (joking) I wore the long sleeve shirts any way, they don't smell. I should not have to do that again because I have to attend less Large Group Meetings. We have to wear suits at every large group meeting, every Sunday all day, district mettings, and to the temple.
At the temple we are not allowed to do baptisms for the dead, or participate in the prayer circle, bummer. The speakers here are really good. I have really felt the spirit here, I can rarely think of a time when I can not feel the spirit. My testimony has grown as I have learned to teach others the gospel.
Dad: I know you want "Dirt" but I don't have time, I will send you a letter after I send this.
I will provide some excerpts from my journal:
July 1, 2009
I am overwhelmed by the amount of information given me at this time I know I will figure things out in time. I will try not to worry. Today was a long day. I am so tired. My secular goal at this time is for me to be able to speed up my routine.... I think my fear of this place and the change connected with moving here is gone, now it is just an adventure, somethig new, like EFY but much more intense. I hope to make my family proud, they mean everything to me...
July 2, 2009
Today was much less stressful. Even though we covered a lot of information. I feel comforted knowing that many have gone before me and many will get to come. I know the Lord will help me as I choose what is right and study to the best of my ability.
July 3, 2009
Today was my first gymn day. I was reminded that I am at a high altitude. The shaking sound in my room is almost unbearable. It makes it really hard to sleep at times. I think it is the water pipes over my head that are making the sound. One Elder said that his whole bed shakes with that sound. We, the Elders are still working on the first discussion.
Sorry I wasn't able to write more, I had to use part of the 30 minutes on the computer timer to set up the account. Hopefully I will be able to write more next preparation day!
I love you all! Please respond in a letter.
Elder Smith
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment