(This is the 2nd of two emails sent today.)
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 9:05 AM
Subject: My testimony
Dear Family,
I will include the dirt in my letter home, don't worry. (if you forward this please check it for errors first)
Being a representative of Jesus christ, selected by revelation, and having been called to stand among His people, to say what He wants said, and to do what what He wants done, I have very often had the priviledge and pleasure of bearing my humble and sacred testimony to the wonderful people of South Carolina. I now realize that I have neglected my friends and family in this aspect of my life. I have not yet shared my testimony with many that are closest to me. It is for this reason now that I take the time to write the following:
I, Elder Calvin B. Smith, know that the redeemer of this world and others, even Jesus Christ, created us. I know that by Him and through Him worlds without number were created, even as our own. I know that the Lord establishes His Gospel on the Earth in His tender loving mercy through prophets, even prophets such as Moses who saw God Face to Face. I know that beacuse of Adam's fall all men would have suffered spiritual and temporal death had it not been for the Atoning sacrifice and resurrection of our Savior, even Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the Atonement, for through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be forgiven for our sins while satisfying the demands of Justice. I know that through the Atonement mercy can be extended by God and the demands of Justice can be met, for mercy could not be extended with out the Atonement except in a way that would frustrate the demands of Justice. Now if the demands of Justice were not met, then God would cease to be God.
I know that Jesus Christ walked the Earth and performed many miracles including; healing the sick, causing the lame to walk, and the blind to see. However, the greatest miracle of all was His suffering for our sins, so that we might be cleased through His grace and our repentance. I know that He died on the cross, but I do not remember him by that gruesome and torturous device that He died on, because I know that He lives. I know that He, the Son of God, rose again with a perfected resurrected body. I know that God loves all of His children, and would not suffer that the people of the ancient Americas should go on in existance with out the blessings of the fulness of His Gospel. Hence Jesus Christ appeared in the Americas and ministered to those people. The record of this marvelous event is contained in the Book of Mormon, and as such the Book of Mormon is another Testament of the Divinity and Power of Jesus Christ. I know that the record of this people of the ancient Americas was preserved by the hand of the Lord, that it might be brought forth in these latter days.
I know that a certain young boy, Joseph Smith, being confused by the various winds of doctrine of man, prayed one spring morning to know which curch he should join. The answer to that prayer changed the world. For he later recounted in his own words - "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other - "This is my beloved Son, Hear Him!"
I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and that they told Joseph that he should join none of the churches. I know that Joseph Smith was later called to be a prophet of God and that God has since called prophets for our time, just as He has in the past. I also know that by following the prophets of these latter days and by keeping the commandments of God we can be blessed in our lives. I declare these things in the sacred name of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder Calvin B. Smith of the South Carolina Columbia Mission.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment