I actually can't tell you where I am.... Just kidding. I forgot to tell you all. I am in Greenwood, South Carolina. Zip code 29646. Please do not try to send mail there, send it to the mission office. Thank you for your letters! I will respond to your questions bellow in the following format:
"Your question here"
(my answer)
Question: People keep asking where your first place is and we keep telling them we don't know. It would be fun if we can track you on the map...or earth google your location. Is there a reason why you're not telling us where you are at?
Answer: No, Greenwood, South Carolina sorry.
Question: We got your letter on Friday and really enjoyed it. We shared your experience in the forest with some people and they were excited you had such an awesome experience. We were wondering about the $49.50 every 10 days. Isn't it $49.50 every two weeks. Every 10 days seems kind of odd.
Answer: I get $135 every month, or every 30 days, I think. They gave us about $49.50 to start off for the first week and a half because it was the middle of the month. I actually inherited some food and basic stuff like detergent, so I was ok, I actually had $7 left at the end of the month.
Don't worry, I am doing fine.
Question: Also, how does a missionary start off getting so little when they need to "set up house". The initial shopping for detergent, tolietries, etc. is a killer. We sent you a package beacause we had pity on you and it was your one month anniversary (only 23 more months to go),
Answer: Don't remind me! :-) I am trying to not keep track, I think it is making the time go by fast.
Question: We mailed the package on Saturday. It's not much but hope it helps a little.
Answer: I have not recieved it yet, but thank you!
Question: We are a little confused about your branch you talked about in your letter. What kind of memebers are in the branch? Do you meet in a regular chapel? Are you playing the piano or organ?
Answer: We meet in a pretty large chaple, its technically a ward, but few people attend regularly, in my opinion at least. There are a few members who are super excited about missionary work, they are really cool people.
Question: What do the members feed you when they have you over for dinner? It must be hard on the members if there are 4 elders to feed. How does that work?
Answer: We have separate dinner calendars but some times both companionships get invited to the same dinner appointment. Twice members have taken us out to dinner, one to a buffet, and once to a really good place called Miggs, the other dinner appointments I had hot dogs, another
one burgers, another one roast beef, rice and beans.
Question: We figure we will email you on Sunday nights so you can answer our questions on Monday when you email us. Then we'll mail you a letter on Monday or Tuesday after we get your email. We haven't quite figured out how often we'll send a little package. Most of the stuff we sent you this time was just stuff we had around the house. Be sure to share your
package withyour companion.
Answer: ok, thanks! I love you guys, I am going to try to send some more pictures now.
(Some members gave Calvin and his companion a fan. They didn't have a car to transport it so they did what they had to do to get it home.)

No comments:
Post a Comment