Monday, August 17, 2009

Elder Calvin B. Smith email written 08/17/09 1st

(This is first of two emails received today. The first email answers questions we send Sunday night. The second email is whatever is on his mind. The real dirt comes in his letter we get Friday or Saturday.)


Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 8:41 AM
Subject: Quick response to questions


Dear Family,

Question: We are wondering if you live in an apartment building or in a basement of a house because we earth-googled your address?

Answer: I live in a lime green house, its a duplex, the other companionship in our ward lives in an apartment

Question: Who has been writing you?

Answer: Grandma and Grandpa Smith every week. Grandma and Grandpa Linde once, Sarah Brutsch once, John and Jackie McCoy twices, Melvin Clark and Donna Clark once, Elmer and Yuonne Hughs once (I don't know who they are), Brenda Johnson and family once, Josh Smith once, Brother Richard Pradenas once.


Question: Your mom went through your Walmart receipts and wants to know if you are eatting enough vegetables.

Answer: No, I am not eating vegetables. Every time I get invited to eat at a members home or I get taken out to a restaurant (about 4/7 days a week for either) I make sure I get a large helping of vegetables.

Question: How long has your companion been out and how long has he been in that area?

Answer: He has been out since November I think, and has been in this area, his second area, for 7 Months.

Question: Are transfers coming up soon? We hope you stay with this companion for at least a few months. It's so hard to break in a new companion.

Answer: Transferes are sometime in the beginning of September I think. My companion said that he was pretty sure we would stay together for another transfere, he said he was sure as he could be with out actually knowing.

Question: Have you been to a doctor yet? Your mom is going to order your medicine this coming Thursday. She will most likely have them send it to the mission office.

Answer: I have not been to a doctor yet. When should I try to go? Or when do I need to go?

Question: About the sweaty butt situation....does your companion have the same problem?.....not that you're checking out his butt. What kind of seat is on your bike? Are you sweating because the seat is vinyl? I think you can get a fabric seat cover. Check out a bike shop.

Answer: Its not just a butt problem, its the whole pants get salt stains from the sweat. (especially down the seam) He has the same problem too, and its not just because of the seat of the bike. I sweat like crazy just standing out side in the sun because it gets so hot here.

Question: Are the hangers that other Elders leave behind wires or plastic like yours? Don't leave your hangers behind. If you have too many when you move to your next place, send some home. They are too expensive to leave behind.

Answer: They are plastic, and I left my hangers in my suit case. I didn't even bother to put them in the closet.


Love you!!!!
Elder Calvin B. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment