Dear Family:
Sorry this email will be a little shorter than ussual. I was trying to attach some pictures to my email, and the computer at the library when crazy and closed the email I was writing to you all, so I lost my work.
Thank you for all the suggestions and tips! You have no idea how far a little wisdom can go in making life easier here!
Responses to questions:
Well you are getting old, even if Candace is in denial. At least you don't LOOK as old as you are. Given the rough life style here, a lot of people look a whole lot older than they really are. I was teaching a man yesterday who looked like he was 80, but he told us he was 55. He had been a construction worker and "lived as hard as he worked" as he put it.
I have really been trying to budget my money this month, because it is my first month living off of $135. I am doing well so far, its just the little things like STAMPS that throw me off. I had no idea stamps were so expensive! When the cashier at Walmart told me how much they were, my eyes nearly popped out of my head! (wish you could have seen my facial expression)
It would be great if you could send me a USB thumb drive, AKA "booger". I think a thumb drive might survive better. When you send me the thrumb drive I will send mine back with pictures.
There are about 130 missionaries in my mission. The members are feeding us pretty standard food. Spagetti, hot dogs, hamburgers, buffets....
Cameron: I store my bike in our residence. It rains a lot here, and I don't want to start my morning with a wet bike. I have not been able to use my Target gift card, I have not yet seen a target around here. The food store we go to is Walmart, and yes, there is a dairy queen nearby, but we do not eat there because it is so expensive, relative to what we could buy at Walmart.
Candace: I am doing well, and yes I miss you guys. I have only eaten one box of macoroni, but I think I am going to start eating more macoroni and less toporamen because I am getting tired of it. I miss you guys but I do not have a chance to think about you all much. I stay so busy and I talk to so many people every day its difficult to remember my day to day stuff with out the help of my planner.
I love you all! I might not send a letter this week, stamps are expensive and time is especially limited this P day because we have a member dinner tonight at 5, which means we have to be back at our residence around 4:30, which cut 1.5 hours out of our normal preparation time. (preparation day goes from 11am to 6pm) In other words, we have to be working by 6pm.
Love,
Elder Calvin Smith
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment