(Excerpts letter from Elder Calvin B. Smith written 08/10/09)
Hey Family!
I think I included all the regular stuff that I wanted to cover in my email so I will cover the dirt in here. It gets so hot here, that most often I have to wash my pants after one wear. Now you might say, "Calvin, you will wear your pants out if you keep that up!" That is why I will explain as follows. I do not wash my pants merely because. It gets so hot here and I sweat a lot and I just want "fresh" pants. You see, when I am done wearing a pair of pants after a really hot and humid day they LOOK horrible. I sweat so much that the sweat bleeds through the pants. When the sweat dries it leaves white crusty salt stains (whitish stains) on my pants, thus making the pants look horrible. The stains come out easy, but it still requires me to wash them after almost every wear. I remember Dad telling me to try to make the pants last longer by only washing them when they look dirty, well, they look dirty everyday, ha ha! This is why I asked for you to send my blue washable Dockers in the next package you send.
Please send a family picture.
To answer questions about what I eat I have included a few Walmart receipts. That is Not All I eat. We get feed pretty often and I "inherited" some food from the previous elder.
Answers to questions:
1. Do you have enough hangers? I have hungers coming out of my ears. Elders leave hangers behind when they leave so I inherited a ton of hangers, more than I can use.
2. Do you meet in a regular building? Yes, I may live and teach in a poor area, but I am not serving in a third world country. :)
3. Are you playing the piano for church? Yes, and I play the organ for about 30 minutes before the organist comes.
4. How many are in your district? 4 including myself. Only 2 companionships in our district. We live about an hour from everyone else.
Love,
Elder Calvin B. Smith
Happy Birthday, Mom! (August 26th)
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment